THE TEMPE DIABLOS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 14th, 2022
Maricopa Community College Version
Tempe Diablos Charities, Inc., is pleased to announce the availability of The Tempe Diablos Scholarship tor the 2021-2022 academic year. The Tempe Diablos are involved in promoting excellence among Tempe’s top high school students and helping young adults in taking steps to improve their opportunities and the communities in which they live.
Scholarship Award Amount: New Scholarships – $2,000/year; Continuing Scholarship – $2,000/year 20+
This information and application is for use by applicants who are applying to a Maricopa County Community College. Applicants who have applied to ASU, or who are applying to ASU, must follow the instructions, and complete the application applicable to them, on the Diablos’ website at www.tempediablos.org/scholarships
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must:
- Currently be a senior in high school and plan to graduate from a publicly funded accredited high school
- Be a resident of Tempe, Arizona
- Be admitted as a full-time student (24 credit hours per academic year) at a Maricopa County Community College
- Must be classified as an Arizona resident for tuition purposes
- Meet one of the following:
- Have a minimum 3.0 grade point average
- Be ranked in the top 25% of their graduating class
- Have an SAT reasoning of 1040 or higher
- Have an ACT score of 22 or higher
- Show extracurricular involvement in their school and/or community; strong leadership abilities and communication skills
- Demonstrate the potential to continue with their college career by remaining in good standing with the College and maintain all scholarship criteria
- Financial need is not a required but may be considered as determined by the student enclosing with his or her completed application the Academic Budget Form attached to the Tempe Diablo Scholarship Program Application Form for 2019-2020 Academic Year
- Application Filing deadline – January 15th, 2020. Interviews to be held Saturday, February 19th, 2022
This scholarship may be renewable for 7 consecutive semesters if all criteria are maintained and funding is available. Student must re-apply each year.
Members of the Tempe Diablos, their spouses, children, grandchildren and/or dependents are not eligible to apply.
Application Procedure (please submit in this order):
- Complete the Tempe Diablos Scholarship application form below.
- Attach a typewritten document (1-2 pages, double spaced) describing:
- Personal and family background
- Education and career goals
- How this scholarship will assist in achieving your education and career goals
- Any unusual personal expenses or income situations that make it difficult for you and your family to contribute to the cost of your education
- Attach a separate document listing extracurricular activities, honors, positions of leadership, and volunteer/community service (include years of involvement).
- Attach a copy of your high school transcript which includes grades from your most recently completed semester, cumulative GPA and class percentile ranking (unofficial copies are acceptable).
- Attach one (1) letter of recommendation from a professional who can attest to the potential for success in academics and the character of the applicant.
- This application and all required attachments must be submitted online by Saturday, January 15, 2021, at the following Questions may be emailed to: email@example.com.